Tuesday 7 April 2009

{Beauty Tuesday}: Beauty Interview with Made by Girl

Hello everyone! I am back with another Beauty Interview today, with the absolutely gorgeous & super talented Jen behind the stunning blog {Made by Girl}, I believe most of you are familier with it already? If not, make sure you do, it's one of the first blog I read each morning!

Q: Could you give us a summary of your experience with beauty products?

For the most part it’s been a trial and error experience for me. I think you have to try many products before you can finally decide on one that really works with your skin etc. I have to be careful what I put on my skin as it is pretty sensitive.

Q: What is your skin type and what do you look for in skincare products?

My skin is usually combination. However, there are days it seems oily, especially in my t-zone. I usually look for skin care products that are right for sensitive skin and that have SPF in them. Also, I won’t buy anything unless it’s oil-free.

Q: What is your top beauty secret or product?

I use distilled water to wash my face. Then I take a cotton swab and place about 5-6 drops of Lavender and 5-6 drops of Rosemary. It helps keep the skin from breaking out.

Q: Name 3 other favorite products and why?

1. Laura Mercier oil free foundation: (it has excellent coverage and of course, it’s oil free).
2. Mac Cosmetics Studio-fix powder
3. Lancome Juicy Tubes keep my lips from looking too dry. (I like Berry Bold and the clear gloss)

Q: Are there any other products that you love but have not mentioned above?

Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing gloss. This is great, it smells so good and leaves hair looking bright and beautiful! Its great for all hair types too.

Kerastase’ Oleo Curl- since my hair is naturally wavy/curly. It gives great definition as well as protects my hair from humidity. Good thing when it’s humid out.

Thanks so much Jen for joining us today and sharing your beauty secrets! I've heard so much about essential oils and should really try them out!

(image from here, here, here & stated sources)

42 comments:

Cassiopeia said...

great interview m'love!

xxxc

http://clothestohealabrokenheart.blogspot.com/

William Street Store said...

This is a wonderful interview!! Good work!
I love made by girl ♥

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Great interview! You've got a wonderful blog and so does made by girl. Now I am following you both. :)

Unknown said...

Lovely interview! Have to keep in mind: distilled water and essential oils!

Brigadeiro said...

Ooh! Love the tip on the distilled water with lavender & rosemary! Great interview ;)
xx

Christina said...

great interview! love the tip on lavender and rosemary oil.

Fashion Moment said...

Fantastic, darling.

FM~FP

www.janetteria.com said...

I adore a wonderful interview as always. Great work!

xoxo: Janet

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, love the idea of some rosemary or lavender in the morning! Sounds great for the skin and such great aromatherapy!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

great interview and i simply must try mac's powder now!

Anonymous said...

very cool post!

Dionne said...

I am really anxious to try some of these products now! Thanks for the interview!

paula said...

I would love to try here face wash solution. sounds lovely.

Aline said...

I love these interviews...I always learn about new products!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Beautiful interview, luv you both!

Flashes of Style said...

Great interview! Lovely products, I'll have to check some out :)

Julia said...

Rosemary oil! What a great idea!

VanessasRunway said...

Great interview! I love Jennifer, she's so creative! I will be looking into that Oil free foundation she mentioned!

STEFANIE said...

Wasn't familiar with the blog but it looks really nice :)

DaisyChain said...

I'm so glad this old computer I'm using lets me read your blog,
another fantastic interview =)

kadler said...

Distilled water? Wow, fancy. I don't even drink distilled water.

This chick's got style said...

The Mac powders are indeed great, I also love their eyeshadows! Very nice blog :) Also love the floral skirt and black shoes in the previous post!

x!
from http://thischicksgotstyle.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

washing the face with distilled water..i wonder if that really works? i'll try that and the essential oils trick once i have the means :D

Mango Gal said...

I really like that Lavender and Rosemary tip! Thanks!

erika sorocco said...

Such a fun interview. Now I want to buy essential oils!

Anna said...

Thank you!

I think I'll try that distilled water with rosmary and lavender!

MizzJ said...

Cool interview! She must go through a ton of distilled water all the time, that seems like a lot of work to me haha.

Zornitsa said...

I love Lancome juicy tubes

Emz said...

Oh yay for introducing this to me! I've never seen that website before!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I enjoyed your interview and those are great products! xxoxoxo

Christina said...

thanks for the reference to this blog. seems really cute. (: xx

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I love these posts =]

Bisous,
La C.

Wanderlusting said...

Wow - distilled water, that must be great for your skin, albeit expensive. Hmmm. When I have money one day, I may have to try that - my skin is not the greatest and I bet the hard water in the city has a lot to do with it :)

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Luphia,
The interview was a lot of fun... : )
Thank you so much!

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

freeteyme said...

great interview!

♥ Marta ♥ said...

amazing interview and some suggestions are cool :)

Kati said...

Great interview!

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of Aveda's Brilliant line! I've not tried this particular product though--will have to check it out!

inkWELL Press said...

I'm going to have to try that lavender trick - I'm a fan of using essential oils. Jen's blig is fabulous, can't wait to try out some of these tips.

May Kasahara said...

great interview ♥

Unknown said...

Great interview! I love the idea of some rosemary or lavender in the morning!

http://liposuctionguide.com/

Courtney said...

Since my hair is naturally wavy, I am really intrigued by Kerastase Olea Curl!

{ A lifestyle blog }

Based in London art|decor|fashion|travel ♥

hello lovely readers :)

Subscribe

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sponsor

NET-A-PORTER UK

Our Banners

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Luphia loves... Copyright © 2008-2014 All Rights Reserved. Original Template by Ipietoon. Modified by Luphia Studio.