Tuesday 3 March 2009

{Beauty Tuesday}: Beauty Interview with Cassandra

Good morning everyone! I am so excited to bring you this week's Beauty Interview with the lovely Cassandra behind the absolutely gorgeous blog Coco+Kelley. If you haven't already, do check out her effortlessly beautiful blog!

Q:Could you give us a summary of your experience with beauty products?

Ever since high school, I’ve relied on my friends who are beauty product addicts to help me in the makeup department. I didn’t even start wearing mascara until I was out of college, if you can believe that! (Dark lashes are a blessing.) Only in the past few years have I really become more aware of beauty products and trends. When it comes to skin care, I really like to stick with what I love. But, I also know it’s good to switch things up, so I try to experiment here and there with new products. I love samples! I think they hate me at Nordstrom – I’m forever asking for little trial sizes of everything.

Q:What is your skin type and what do you look for in skincare products?

I basically have combination skin, so I look for products that really moisturize but aren’t oily. Which sometimes feels incredibly impossible. I also have to adjust all my products for the different seasons, which makes things a bit complicated! I try to go fairly natural with most of my products when I can.

Q:What is your top beauty secret or product?

Well, facials are always a fantastic thing, but as far as a product goes, I would say my favorite ‘secret’ is Face Oasis by H2O(1).

When I spend a serious night out on the town (as I will be doing this weekend in Vegas!) I slather this on to ensure my skin wakes up not only hydrated but actually feels more firm: I swear it’s magic!


Q:Name 3 other favorite skincare products and why?

I’ve always been a fan of Origins, and I swear by their Checks & Balances Facewash(2). Every time I switch to something else I regret it. It’s an absolute must for anyone with combination skin.

I also love anything from Dr. Brandt. His products are fantastic, they smell soooooo yummy and they work! ALL of them! But they are a little pricey. So, if you’re going to indulge, I recommend the microdermabrasion(3). It’s the best I’ve found.

One of the biggest issues with my skin is that it does get super sensitive from time to time and that means redness! My favorite product for fighting those days is from Rodan+Fields ‘Soothe’ line(4) – it’s a wonderful anti-irritant cream. I’ve also found that Aveeno’s Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer(5) can do the trick on a more daily basis.

Q:If you wear makeup, what are your top 3 favorite products?

The funny thing is that I basically only have three products I use on a regular basis – I’m pretty low maintenance with my makeup!

My Laura Mercier liner(1)

My Hourglass lipgloss in Verse (or any fairly nude colored gloss)(2).

And, even though I’ve had a million people tell me to stop using it, I’m addicted to BareMinerals foundation(3). It just works well on me. Other ones get soooo greasy by the end of the day!

Other than that – I just layer on black mascara and I’m good to go!

Q: (optional) Are there any other products that you love but have not mentioned above?

I’m addicted to Chanel – their glosses, cleansers, everything! They have a fantastic eye liner in black jade that I wear for nighttime(1).

Laura Mercier Satinee Creme Eye Colour makes for a fantastic eye base with just a bit of shimmer(2).

I didn’t really mention any hair products (that’s a whole other category for me!) But, I really do love the Frederik Fekkai Glossing Spray(3). It really creates a shiny finish without being oily. It’s a must for putting the final touch on my hair, whether I’m wearing it curly or straight!

Thanks so much Cassandra for joining us today and sharing your beauty secrets! I absolutely love the Origins Checks and Balances too & will definitely put the H2O Face Oasis on my wishlist, it sounds divine!

(images from corresponding links)

36 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving your series, Tina. It's so fun to read what people really use. I'm a huge Laura Mercier camouflauge fan--for those daily dark circles.

xo

Georgie said said...

Fantastic interview, very interesting. If only half the products she mentioned were available in the UK :-(
x

paula said...

Great interview and great tips. That gloss spray sounds quite lovely.

jennifer said...

I love these interviews! Thank you :)

sarah said...

I'm new to mineral makeup and am loving it so far. I use Alima Pure, which has great mineral eye liners.

As a beauty junkie (and former beauty editor), I love reading what everyone uses. Thanks for the interviews!

Marie said...

Absolutely fantastic! Thank your guest for sharing those beauty tips with us. I also use Laura Mercier, it's just so pricey, so I try to make it last :)

Blair Friedeman said...

I love hearing about any product that makes you wake up with firm skin:) I just wish I could ford to buy any new beauty products rights now:/

Anonymous said...

great interview, darling :-) I love BareMinerals and Laura Mercier as well!

Julia said...

Great, fantastic! Thank you so much! The glossing spray looks like it would be a fabulous addition to my summer regime!

cassandra said...

thank you so much for asking me to join you in this fun series, tina! i love reading what everyone really uses... it's the only way to get me to try new things :) have a wonderful week!

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

I love her blog! Wonderful interview, Tina!
xoxo

Ella Gregory said...

I really need to try Laura Mercier products. I hear nothing but good things about them.

Couture Carrie said...

Fantastic interview, T! Will def. have to try that Face Oasis!

xoxox,
CC

Dionne said...

Go the Aveno! I LOVE all their stuff!

Diana said...

I've been looking for a face wash and you and I have the same skin type. Thanks!

Maria said...

Thanks! I do love my primary colors! :)

Anonymous said...

I need to try the Laura Mercier products!

Anonymous said...

Of course Cassandra has the best recommendations! I used to love that origins wash but had forgotten it...i think I might go back to it when i run out of my current cleanser!

and for redness (which I sometimes suffer from) that rodan and fields sounds intriguing!

Aline said...

Great interview....I love reading about fav products!

drollgirl said...

wow. i have many new products to try! sephora, here i come! well, as soon as i get paid again.

Rebecca said...

york is ok for shopping, i live in a town so its like the only place, it has loads of little shops if you go down the small streets, and the market it good, xx

Courtney said...

I love Cassandra and her interview was great! Face Oasis by H2O and the Frederik Fekkai Glossing Spray both sound incredible-- they are going on my to try at some point list!

erika sorocco said...

I want that lipgloss. I'm sorry to admit this, but I'm absolutely obsessed with lipgloss!

Amanda B. Young said...

So many great suggestions! What a fabulous series!

Suzanne said...

I have been considering trying BareMinerals foundation (late night infomercials get to me!)... can I ask why people have been saying not to?

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

hi Suzanne

quoting from cassandra
"i've heard that bare minerals doesn't allow the skin to 'breathe' because it sits on top of the skin... i don't know if it's truth or makeup sales people trying to get me to switch to other foundations. unfortunately, the only really wonderful liquid foundations i like are expensive, and bare minerals isn't, so i'm stickin' with it!"

although personally i've never used bare minerals but from what i know, most liquid foundations are quite thick and gives more coverage than mineral power make-up, and to me more coverage means more make-up on your skin and really i think the less make-up you wear the better it is for the skin, hope that helps :)

xx

Suzanne said...

yes, that helps a lot!
thank you :)

Made With Love Cards & Event Stationery said...

Hi,

I just wanted to say hello & that I love your blog. It inspires me and I love that! I've become a fan so that I never miss out on your posts.
Keep up the great work.
x
Clare Fletcher
Made With Love
www.madewithlovedesigns.co.uk

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

Hi Clare, you're the sweetest & have also just made me day! :D

xx

alissa said...

great collection! Im going to check out that H2O stuff

Kosmopolight said...

This series is a great idea! I love it. And Cassandra has some great recommendations. She mentioned Dr. Brandt products; I recently became addicted to their blueberry Anitoxident Water Booster. A bit pricey, but it's a little luxury a grant myself sometimes :)

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

thanks for sharing. I would def check out h20 if i were to hit up HK, they dont seem to stock H20 in Japan last time i checked :/ I am combo skin too. it's a pain in the butt to accommodate 2 different skin type on the same face, LOL.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I really love these interviews!! Keep them coming!

Diana said...

You are going to hate me for this ;)

http://www.ourcitylights.org/2009/01/courier-new-eat-your-heart-out.html

Little Courtney Big City said...

Re: Bare Minerals...the big issue many people have with it is that it contains Talc, which, although "natural," isn't good for the skin. It clogs pores and can irriate sensative skin. There are lots and lots of new mineral lines that work just as well without Talc and some of the other potentially harmful "natural" products that are in some mineral make-up lines like Bare Minerals.

Zoella. said...

I use Bareminerals and love it. :) x

{ A lifestyle blog }

Based in London art|decor|fashion|travel ♥

hello lovely readers :)

Subscribe

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sponsor

NET-A-PORTER UK

Our Banners

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Luphia loves... Copyright © 2008-2014 All Rights Reserved. Original Template by Ipietoon. Modified by Luphia Studio.