Thursday 13 November 2008

Crazy about stripes

Normally a man with a bright stripy shirt wouldn't send my heart flying (sorry! stylish men make me feel not so stylish in comparison!), but this man does! I love Paul Smith's iconic stripes, and have only just discovered he designs a line of Fine China too! How great does the stripes look against the simple white and the luxury gold (22 carat gold)! I am saving up my pennies now!

Just out of curiosity, how many of our dear overseas readers have heard of Paul Smith? I know he's definitely an icon in Britain, up there with Vivienne Westwood I would say, not sure if this extends to the rest of the world?







(images from www.paulsmith.co.uk)

6 comments:

Porchlight Interiors said...

Paul Smith is well known in Australia for mensware but I didn't know about the China! Tracey x

Anonymous said...

My husband (and I too) just adore Paul Smith---he's quite popular here in the states, or at least in big cities like New York or San Francisco. The huz adores his striped Paul Smith socks (he'd BETTER at $30 per pair) and even wore them on our wedding day :)

Paul Smith also does AMAZING rugs for the rug company, including some in a swirling interpretation of his classic stripe. you've got to check out out!

http://www.therugcompany.info

i.d. said...

Eek that teapot is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

22 carat gold! It would feel elegant sipping tea out of these lovelies

Courtney said...

I knew him, but I didn't know about his fine china! Or perhaps I knew the china (it looks familiar,) but didn't realize it was his! Either way- I love the stripes with the white and gold, and I'd love to drink my coffee or tea out of those cups!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

mensware! I had totally forgot about that, oops, thanks for the remind Tracey!

thanks for the rug link Anne! it looks fab, and so cosy as well!

i'd love to drink tea or coffee from it too, although i can imagine me sipping gently so not too damage the cup or the gold lines! :)

{ A lifestyle blog }

Based in London art|decor|fashion|travel ♥

hello lovely readers :)

Subscribe

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sponsor

NET-A-PORTER UK

Our Banners

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Luphia loves... Copyright © 2008-2014 All Rights Reserved. Original Template by Ipietoon. Modified by Luphia Studio.