Tuesday 24 March 2009

{Beauty Tuesday}: Beauty Interview with Vicki


Good morning everyone! I am back with another Beauty Interview today, with the lovely Vicki behind the absolutely gorgeous & "french chic" blog FRENCH ESSENCE.

Q:Could you give us a summary of your experience with beauty products?

Like all women I think I search for products that are beneficial, show results and are easy to use. I follow a routine when it comes to skin care; I may change products or mix brands but I never miss cleansing, toning and moisturizing my skin. It doesn’t matter what hour of the day or night – I would not be able to sleep if I hadn’t removed my make-up. There are three things that I think are the most important when it comes to caring for the skin: I avoid the sun, smoking and too much alcohol, I drink 2 litres of water every day and I try to sleep soundly. When I was younger I could go without sleep, party on and drink as much as I liked and still walk out the door the next morning looking reasonably ok. Now, I am not so lucky…

Q:What is your skin type and what do you look for in skincare products?

I have a dry and sensitive skin – partly due to age and party due to the climate I live in. The products I preferare those that are derived mostly from natural ingredients and those that are rich in emollients.

Q:What is your top beauty secret or product?

I always add olive oil to my bath water.

I run the bath, add the scent that I prefer – usually lavender or rose – and then pour in a few drops of olive oil; it leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. As a special treatment in the winter, I will exfoliate and then apply the oil directly onto my skin.

Q:Name 3 other favorite skincare products and why?

Right now I am using Jurlique’s Moisture Replenishing Day Creme. It is a rich crème that hydrates and moisturizesthe skin and is particularly good for sensitive skin.

As the temperatures warm up I prefer to use a lighter moisturizer and will change to Dr Hauschka’s Rose Day Cream. In the heat of summer I will alternate between the Rose Day Crème and the Quince Day crème, a lighter alternative.

My other favourite at the moment is La Mer hand creme –this handcreme was given to me as a birthday gift – sheer bliss. Not sticky or tacky and quickly absorbed into the skin without leaving any slippery residue. The scent is soft and fresh and not overpowering at all.

Q:If you wear makeup, what are your top 3 favorite products?

Laura Mercier tinted Mouisturizer SPF 20 in Nude – I nevergo without this, day or night, and find the sheer texture and light coverage perfect for me. I don’t like wearing heavy make up and this provides a good base without that ‘made-up’ feeling.

Laura Mercier Cheek colour in Crushed Hazelnut – this is a light powder that is easy to apply and blends well on the skin. Again it is a natural colour and works well as a blush to wear when you don’t want to look like your wearing a blush.

And the lips:I love a lipstick and seem to be favouring MAC at themoment. For day – Cremesheen, ‘Shy Girl’ and for night– Cremesheen, ‘Spice is Nice’ Topped off with a dab of C-Thru A78 gloss.

Q: (optional) Are there any other products that you love but have not mentioned above?

Chanel – Le Crayon Khol Intense Eye Pencil in graphite –so easy to use for day and night.

The latest nail varnishes from Chanel. The rainbow brightsin pink and purple are just fabulous.

Thanks so much Vicki for joining us today and sharing your beauty secrets! I completely agree with your beauty routine & will definitely try the olive oil too, it sounds so simple yet amazing!

(images from here & corresponding links)

35 comments:

Fashion Moment said...

Fantastic!

FM~FP

Anna said...

Hey, thanks for the tips for dry and sensitive skin - just like mine. I might try olive oil, but doesn't it smell a little weird?
Oh well I just realised that it's snowing right now and the sun is shining, too. Early spring is crazy.

yoli said...

so interesting!

Dionne said...

There are just sooo many different types of skin care out there. It's great to hear other people's opinions on what's available. It narrows down my shopping choices, so thanks!

Couture Carrie said...

Very cool interview! Will have to try the olive oil thing. And great Chanel picks!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

Ah, great interview. Jurlique is a wonderful brand and I love Laura Mercier too. Makes me want to run out and get a Chanel pencil tout suite!

Elizabeth Victoria Clark said...

i love this post! i definitely am going to try the olive oil thing now, and the chanel pencil as i'm looking for a good new one. thanks xx

RLMEnglish said...

I always love to hear of someone who doesn't like heavy makeup. I am usually a 90% bare-face kind of girl. I like to hear about others who feel reasonably the same.
The olive oil is a good idea for sure, I remember my mother slicking us up with Baby Oil when we were little in the winter to keep us nice and soft. I have somehow gotten away from oil into moisturizers I am never happy with.
Thanks for the interview!

www.janetteria.com said...

Great interwiew with Vicky! Olive! Fantastic idea! :)

xoxo: Janet

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

Loved this interview, Tina! I'll have to try the olive bath!
xoxo

Unknown said...

So very informative!

Anonymous said...

very interesting!

May Kasahara said...

YAY!
I love LM crushed hazelnut blush + Jurlique never gets the credit they deserve - such an amazing skincare company.

DaisyChain said...

fantastic post =)

Marie said...

How awesome that you interviewed Vicki Archer...I'm a huge fan of hers and have her book! Luv the tip about adding olive oil to her baths.
-marie

sarah said...

Great interview. I love Dr.Hauschka products too.... especially the Rose Day Cream and the Neem Nail Oil

Julia said...

The nail varnish looks so posh! I would love it~

Anonymous said...

you have been tagged!

Ella Gregory said...

I might just give olive oil in the bath a go.
And thank you for the two sidebar link thing. I decided I'm too wimpy to do it, but I favourited it incase I'm ever feeling brave.

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Thank you so much for your well wishes; I am finally back - still sick, but finally done with the show!

What fabulous tips! I love your themed posts!

Bisous,
La c.

HoneyBunny said...

Well done! Great interview! Really enjoyed reading it:)

Anonymous said...

great interview! I LOVE LM products :-)

Anonymous said...

i love the chanel nail colors

Diana said...

i love your beauty posts!

pearlsandcouture said...

i swear by laura mercier tinted moist! best kind out there. :)

S.Elisabeth said...

Ooh I love this! I love the bath idea, definitely going to try it now... ah and i try my darndest to get water in every day (at the least i get about 16 ounces, not much) but im not always successful

K8 said...

Lovely pictures!

T said...

Amazing. I need to go makeup shopping now! (:

Song of Style said...

Thank you for this post! i have dry and sensitive skin... i have to def. try olive oil!

the notebook doodles said...

the chanel nailpolish loooooooks soo good!!!

❤sb

Christina said...

love the olive oil in bathwater tip. i must try!

raquel raney said...

all up on the olive oil.

H @ Narnia's Closet said...

i love beauty so much adn love hearing other peoples stories and ideas. i wish i was in the habit of always washing my face... its something 'm working on.

Rachel said...

This is great! Thanks for the interview.

Courtney said...

Vicki is such a sweet blogger, and I loved reading her answers! The olive oil bath sounds simply divine, and I also am intrigued by Dr Hauschka’s Quince Day Cream-- I love the smell of quince!

{ A lifestyle blog }

Based in London art|decor|fashion|travel ♥

hello lovely readers :)

Subscribe

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sponsor

NET-A-PORTER UK

Our Banners

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Luphia loves... Copyright © 2008-2014 All Rights Reserved. Original Template by Ipietoon. Modified by Luphia Studio.