Monday 26 January 2009

{Dear Diary}: My very late New Year Resolution list!

this is my very late New Year Resolution list, my argument is Chinese New Year is like today so if I go by this then my resolution list is actually quite early ;)

This year, all things on my list are things I want to achieve by the end of this year, most should be quite practical too...

{wallpaper image from Benefit Cosmetics}

1. graduate from uni - hoping it would be a 1st Class too! Our graduation ceremony will take place in the famous Bath Abbey, which despite the fact I have lived in Bath for more than 3 years, I have never been inside the Abbey so I'm hopeing it would be a nice surprice!

{Bath Abbey via amigadave}

2. start the Women into Enterprise course - I recently discovered there is this amazing training program running in Bath, helping women to set up their own businesses & it's free for students! The course starts next week so I'm very excited!

3. & 4. I'd love to improve my photography skills, at the moment I just take pictures with a simple click & adjust the lighting using my limited Photoshop skills. Since I might be leaving in Bath this summer, I've decided to explore more of Bath and capture places with my newly improved photography skills! So I am calling on all photographers, I'd love to know how you picked up photography, was it a training course? a book? Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated!

5. well, it's just I'm a bit bored with my current style at the moment, I tend to buy a lot of basics, lots cardigans, all plain coloured. While basics are important, I would like to add a bit of excitment into my wardrobe and mix with my current basics. I'd love to be more edgy & adores the relaxed chic style, I am also really loving this girl's style:

{Woori Go via lookbook}

What does all these mean for this blog? Here are some changes you can expect, hopefully good changes! I kept a diary when I was quite young but somehow grown out of it, so I'd like to start an electronic one, and don't worry I won't share any of my maths related topics! ;)

{wallpaper image via Cath Kidston}

19 comments:

please sir said...

Love your resolutions - they are practical and do-able. Wish I could explore Bath with you!

inkWELL Press said...

I'm totally with you on #5. I'm trying to get out of my solid colored style rut! I need more patterns (other than just stripes) and no more black (well, at least cut back on the black).

Ella Gregory said...

I should try to improve my photography skills this year too.

Local Girl said...

Great resolutions! I'm going to try and break out of wearing black all the time.

Btw I've given you an award :) http://tinyurl.com/d5przw

Susanna-Cole King said...

Great resolutions, the #2 one sounds really interesting to me! :)

By the way, so much for your sweet comment! <3

xoxo,
S-C

Courtney said...

What great resolutions- they are certainly attainable! The course you are taking sounds fabulous, I would love to improve my photography as well, and I always want to revamp my wardrobe :)

Can't wait to see your new features! Happy New Year! xx

Miss | A said...

oh I love Bath. I used to goto college in West Sussex and went to Bath a few times during my stay. I went to undergrad and graduate school for photography but in retrospect feel that I coudl have taught myself everything I learned in school. It did push me to learn to accept critism and show work in galleries etc....but now I have had my own photography business for 10 years and LOVE what I do. You will love it. Just have fun and play and don't be so concerned about the norm STEP out of THE BOX! Try different angles, sometimes I will shoot an entire wedding from the floor(laying down). It so fun to push teh limits! I am excited for yoU!

i.d. said...

Oh, I'm so excited for your graduation and that entrepreneurial skills course! That girl's style is lovely too, what a great resoultion to try experimenting. Yay! Thanks for sharing. xx

Dallas Shaw said...

listen- very important- bath is my favorite place on the planet. do not miss : Prey. It's a store. here is the address. prey limited, bath
3 tork buildings, BAI 2EB (I have the business card tacked in my office!)
Best store in Bath, I promise!!
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think these are great resolutions and am so excited for you about that class--wish there had been something like that when I was in school. And I hear you on updating the look--I've been living and breathing my new collection, but one can not live in cocktail dress alone.

xo Mary Jo

Kellen Jacob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paula said...

great list! it all seems very exciting.

Rachel Follett said...

Those outfits are so chic! Great resolutions!

Callie Grayson said...

i am looking forward to your Photos of Bath posts!!!
great list by the way!!!

Blair Friedeman said...

these are great resolutions! i think i broke all of mine already--woops. i love that these are really concrete/ Good Luck Tina.

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

Better late than never. Those are some wonderful resolutions! Best of luck. I am so incredibly jealous you live in Bath. It is so absolutely stunning and charming!

Tiina said...

very nice style this girl has!

Anonymous said...

GREAT resolutions! These are some that will be really fun to keep! What an amazing place to have your graduation ceremony---would love to see more around Bath! I've only been once but I LOVED it!

Nicki's Notebook said...

I lived in Bath for a year and never went into the Abbey - or the Roman Baths...shameful!! Though its for tourists, the city bus tour is really interesting and might be good for some photos! great NY resolutions btw!! xx

{ A lifestyle blog }

Based in London art|decor|fashion|travel ♥

hello lovely readers :)

Subscribe

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sponsor

NET-A-PORTER UK

Our Banners

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Luphia loves... Copyright © 2008-2014 All Rights Reserved. Original Template by Ipietoon. Modified by Luphia Studio.